The Washington Printmakers Art Gallery in Georgetown, D.C.
— Open Sundays This Summer, Noon to 5:00 p.m. —
as well as our usual hours, Thursdays thru Saturdays, 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
and by appointment. Call us and we will open the gallery for you!
Saturday, June 24, 2:00 to 4:00 p.m.
Gallery member Nina Muys will be giving a demonstration on creating monoprints using plexiglass and Akua Inks. Stop in on Saturday, June 24, 2017 from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. to see the brilliant possibilities using Akua Inks.
CURRENT & UPCOMING EVENTS
Solo Exhibit, June 1 – July 2, 2017
Saturday, June 10, 1–4 p.m.
The Washington Printmakers Gallery is pleased to present Talking Pictures, recent prints of Ron Meick, all of which incorporate a sound element that is activated by a button on each work. These works explore the artist’s role to ask questions and to provoke interaction, questions that expand the meaning of the art object. READ MORE…
This Month on the Member’s Wall
Every month, new work appears on the Members’ Wall. Here are some of the prints on display in June, 2017, with sizes and prices. Click on an image to see it larger in a slide show. Click the “x” in the upper right of the slideshow to return here, or, press the ESC key on your keyboard
July 8, 2017
2:00 to 5:00 p.m.
David Avery was the first place winner of the 2016 National Small Works competition at the Washington Printmakers Gallery.
A practitioner of traditional black and white etching in San Francisco for over 30 years, David Avery has long been attracted to the works and techniques of the master etchers and engravers. READ MORE…
More Upcoming Events and Exhibits
The exhibits listed below display on the north wall of the gallery. At the same time, new art works from our members are shown continuously on the other walls, in the bins and flat files, and on the electronic display in the gallery. To learn more about the artists in our gallery, click here to see links to their individual pages on this website.
- August 2–26, 2017 — Exhibit of the best entries into the 2017 National Small Works competition. Reception August 12.
- August 30 – September 23, 2017 — Cynthia Back. Reception September 2.
- September 27 – October 28, 2017 — Artist to be announced.
- November 1–25, 2017 — Dave & Jane Mann. Reception November 4.
- November 29 – December 30, 2017 — Lila Oliver Asher. Reception December 1.
- January 4–27, 2018 — Master Printmaker. The Washington Printmakers Foundation will invite an outstanding artist to exhibit.
- February 1–24, 2018 — Excellence in Printmaking. An exhibit of the work of outstanding printmakers at local area colleges and universities. This is also known as our Emerging Artists Exhibit and is sponsored by the Washington Printmakers Foundation.
- March 1–24, 2018 — Bob Burgess
- March 29 – April 28, 2018 — Matina Marki Tillman
- May 3 – 26, 2018 — Rosemary Cooley
- May 31 – June 30, 2018 — Danny Schweers
- July 5–28, 2018 — Solo Show by the winner of the 2017 National Small Works Competition.
- August 2–25, 2018 — National Small Works Exhibition. An exhibit of the work chosen in the 2018 competition.
- August 30 – September 29, 2018 — Sally Canzoneri
- October 4–27, 2018 — Mike Hagan
- November 1–24, 2018 — Carolyn Pomponio
- November 29 – December 29, 2018 — To be announced.
Start and end dates of exhibits are generally the first Wed. of the month through the last Sunday of the month. Receptions are usually the first Saturday after the opening.
You Can Support Printmaking
Please remember the Washington Print Foundation when you plan your charitable giving. All donations are tax deductible and very much appreciated.