The Washington Printmakers Art Gallery in Georgetown, D.C.
— Open Sundays This Summer, Noon to 5:00 p.m. —
as well as our usual hours, Thursdays thru Saturdays, 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
and by appointment. Call us and we will open the gallery for you!
CURRENT & UPCOMING EVENTS
Saturday, July 8, 2017
3:00 to 5:00 p.m.
David Avery was the first place winner of the 2016 National Small Works competition at the Washington Printmakers Gallery.
A practitioner of traditional black and white etching in San Francisco for over 30 years, David Avery has long been attracted to the works and techniques of the master etchers and engravers. READ MORE…
This Month on the Member’s Wall
Every month, new work appears on the Members’ Wall. Here are some of the prints on display in July, 2017, with sizes and prices. Click on an image to see it larger in a slide show. Click the “x” in the upper right of the slideshow to return here, or, press the ESC key on your keyboard.
National Small Works Exhibit
August 3–27, 2017
Saturday, August 12
1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
The Washington Print Foundation is pleased to present 32 outstanding prints by artists from across the United States in its 2017 National Small Works Exhibition from August 3 through 27.
This annual juried exhibition, now in its twentieth year, has attracted an exciting range of entries in both traditional and experimental printmaking including intaglio, relief, woodcut, linocut, Solarplate, serigraph, digital and photographic prints, plus three dimensional works with print components.
The juror for this year’s exhibition is Scott Hutchison, Assistant Professor, Department of Art and Art History, Georgetown University.
The first prize winner will receive a solo exhibition at Washington Printmakers Gallery in 2018. Also, Speedball Art Products, Renaissance Graphic Arts, Hampton Editions, and the Washington Print Foundation have contributed prizes to the exhibition.
The reception and award ceremony will be Saturday, August 12, from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
More Upcoming Events and Exhibits
The exhibits listed below display on the north wall of the gallery. At the same time, new art works from our members are shown continuously on the other walls, in the bins and flat files, and on the electronic display in the gallery. To learn more about the artists in our gallery, click here to see links to their individual pages on this website.
- August 30 – September 23, 2017 — Cynthia Back. Reception September 2.
- September 27 – October 28, 2017 — Artist to be announced.
- November 1–25, 2017 — Jane Mann. Reception November 4.
- November 29 – December 30, 2017 — Lila Oliver Asher. Reception December 1.
- January 4–27, 2018 — Master Printmaker. The Washington Printmakers Foundation will invite an outstanding artist to exhibit.
- February 1–24, 2018 — Excellence in Printmaking. An exhibit of the work of outstanding printmakers at local area colleges and universities. This is also known as our Emerging Artists Exhibit and is sponsored by the Washington Printmakers Foundation.
- March 1–24, 2018 — Bob Burgess
- March 29 – April 28, 2018 — Matina Marki Tillman
- May 3 – 26, 2018 — Rosemary Cooley
- May 31 – June 30, 2018 — Danny Schweers
- July 5–28, 2018 — Solo Show by the winner of the 2017 National Small Works Competition.
- August 2–25, 2018 — National Small Works Exhibition. An exhibit of the work chosen in the 2018 competition.
- August 30 – September 29, 2018 — Sally Canzoneri
- October 4–27, 2018 — Mike Hagan
- November 1–24, 2018 — Carolyn Pomponio
- November 29 – December 29, 2018 — Dave Mann
Start and end dates of exhibits are generally the first Wed. of the month through the last Sunday of the month. Receptions are usually the first Saturday after the opening.
You Can Support Printmaking
Please remember the Washington Print Foundation when you plan your charitable giving. All donations are tax deductible and very much appreciated.