The Washington Printmakers Art Gallery in Georgetown, D.C.
CURRENT & UPCOMING EVENTS
WILD about Spring
by Marian Osher
March 30 – April 29, 2017
Artist’s Reception and Talk
Saturday, April 1, 2017
from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
Remember: French Market in Georgetown, April 28 and 29.
WILD about Spring, an exhibition by eco-artist Marian Osher, celebrates both the beauty of spring and the importance of diversity in the natural world. WILD about Spring presents a visual parade of colorful monotypes and paintings of wildlife and circular photos of flowers.
On The Members’ Wall
Each month, the Members’ Wall of the gallery is filled with new work from our member artists. Click on any of the thumbnails below to see the image larger in a slideshow. To return here, type ESC or click on the “x” in the upper right of the slideshow.
20th Annual Washington Printmakers’
National Small Works Competition and Exhibition
Winning prints selected by the competition jurors will be on exhibit at the Washington Printmakers Gallery, August, 2 thru 26, 2017. The grand-prize winner will be given a solo exhibit in 2018. Other prizes will be awarded.
More Upcoming Events and Exhibits
The exhibits listed below display on the north wall of the gallery. At the same time, new art works from our members are shown continuously on the other walls, in the bins and flat files, and on the electronic display in the gallery. To learn more about the artists in our gallery, click here to see links to their individual pages on this website.
- April 28–30, 2017 — Friday thru Sunday — The 14th Annual Georgetown French Market, Book Hill’s signature European Open-Air Market and Sidewalk Sale.
- May 3–27, 2017 — Nina Muys, “Up Close and Far Away.” Reception, Sunday, May 7, from 2:00 to 5:00 p.m. A children’s printmaking workshop is offered for Saturday, May 13, 2:00 to 4:00p.m.
- Spring Art Walk, Friday, May 5, 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. A pleasant evening event held twice a year by the Georgetown Galleries. Our gallery had over 300 visitors during the Fall Art Walk in 2016.
- May 31 – July 1, 2017 — Ron Meick. Reception June 3.
- July 5–29, 2017 — Solo Exhibit by David Avery, the first place winner of the 2016 National Small Works competition. Reception July 8.
- August 2–26, 2017 — Exhibit of the best entries into the 2017 National Small Works competition. Reception August 12.
- August 30 – September 23, 2017 — Cynthia Back. Reception September 2.
- September 27 – October 28, 2017 — Yolanda Frederickse. Reception September 30.
- November 1–25, 2017 — Dave & Jane Mann. Reception November 4.
- November 29 – December 30, 2017 — Lila Oliver Asher. Reception December 1.
- January 4–27, 2018 — TBA
- February 1–24, 2018 — Excellence in Printmaking. An exhibit of the work of outstanding printmakers at local area colleges and universities, our emerging artists.
- March 1–24, 2018 — Bob Burgess
- March 29 – April 28, 2018 — Matina Marki Tillman
- May 3 – 26, 2018 — Rosemary Cooley
- May 31 – June 30, 2018 — Danny Schweers
- July 5–28, 2018 — Solo Show by the winner of the 2017 National Small Works Competition.
- August 2–25, 2018 — National Small Works Exhibition. An exhibit of the work chosen in the 2018 competition.
- August 30 – September 29, 2018 — Sally Canzoneri
- October 4–27, 2018 — Mike Hagan
- November 1–24, 2018 — Carolyn Pomponio
- November 29 – December 29, 2018 — TBA
Start and end dates of exhibits are generally the first Wed. of the month through the last Sunday of the month. Receptions are usually the first Saturday after the opening.
You Can Support Printmaking
Please remember the Washington Print Foundation when you plan your charitable giving. All donations are tax deductible and very much appreciated.