The Washington Printmakers Art Gallery in Georgetown, D.C.
CURRENT & UPCOMING EVENTS
Opening Reception, Saturday, January 7, 2017, 1:00 – 4:00 pm; Artist Talk, 2:00 pm
Of Place is an exhibition of paper and plexiglas prints based on the life I’ve lived both in the US and the UK during the past seven years. I lived for two years in the UK, moved to the Pittsburgh area for three, then returned to the UK for an additional two years. During the last two years in the UK, I earned an MA in Fine Art from the University of Central Lancashire, located in the northwest of England.
The paper prints in Of Place are monoprints created by layers of collagraphs and paper lithographs. They are my response to the hills in northern Maryland which have been carved through to create the road system which I traveled extensively when we lived in both PA and DC. LEARN MORE…
More Upcoming Exhibits
The exhibits listed below display on the north wall of the gallery. At the same time, new art works from our members are shown continuously on the other walls, in the bins and flat files, and on the electronic display in the gallery. To learn more about the artists in our gallery, click here to see links to their individual pages on this website.
- February, 2017 — Excellence in Printmaking – Work of the best local student work.
- March, 2017 — Alex Keto
- April, 2017 — Marian Osher
- May, 2017 — Gabriel Jules and Nina Muys
- June, 2017 — Ron Meick
- July, 2017 — Solo Exhibit by the first place winner of the 2016 National Small Works competition
- August, 2017 — Exhibit of the best entries into the 2017 National Small Works competition
- September, 2017 — Cynthia Back
- October, 2017 — Yolanda Frederickse
- November, 2017 — Dave Mann
- December, 2017 — Lila Oliver Asher
Start and end dates of exhibits are generally the first Wed. of the month through the last Sunday of the month. Receptions are usually the first Saturday after the opening.
You Can Support Printmaking
Please remember the Washington Print Foundation when you plan your charitable giving. All donations are tax deductible and very much appreciated.