The Washington Printmakers Art Gallery in Georgetown, D.C.
CURRENT & UPCOMING EVENTS
Gallery Members’ work on display this month:
20th Annual Washington Printmakers’
National Small Works Competition and Exhibition
Winning prints selected by the competition jurors will be on exhibit at the Washington Printmakers Gallery, August, 2 thru 26, 2017. The grand-prize winner will be given a solo exhibit in 2018. Other prizes will be awarded.
Click here to learn more about the 2017 National Small Works Competition, our 20th.
More Upcoming Events
The exhibits listed below display on the north wall of the gallery. At the same time, new art works from our members are shown continuously on the other walls, in the bins and flat files, and on the electronic display in the gallery. To learn more about the artists in our gallery, click here to see links to their individual pages on this website.
- March 30 – April 29, 2017 — Marian Osher, “WILD about Spring”. Reception April 1, 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
- April 28-30, Friday thru Sunday — The 14th Annual Georgetown French Market, Book Hill’s signature European Open-Air Market and Sidewalk Sale.
- May 3–27, 2017 — Nina Muys, “Up Close and Far Away.” Reception, Sunday, May 8, from 2:00 to 5:00 p.m. A children’s printmaking workshop is planned for Saturday, May 20.
- Spring Art Walk, Friday, May 5, 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. A pleasent evening event held twice a year by the Georgetown Galleries. Our gallery had over 300 visitors during the Fall Art Walk in 2016.
- May 31 – July 1, 2017 — Ron Meick. Reception June 3.
- July 5–29, 2017 — Solo Exhibit by David Avery, the first place winner of the 2016 National Small Works competition. Reception July 8.
- August 2–26, 2017 — Exhibit of the best entries into the 2017 National Small Works competition. Reception August 12.
- August 30 – September 23, 2017 — Cynthia Back. Reception September 2.
- September 27 – October 28, 2017 — Yolanda Frederickse. Reception September 30.
- November 1–25, 2017 — Dave & Jane Mann. Reception November 4.
- November 29 – December 30, 2017 — Lila Oliver Asher. Reception December 1.
Start and end dates of exhibits are generally the first Wed. of the month through the last Sunday of the month. Receptions are usually the first Saturday after the opening.
You Can Support Printmaking
Please remember the Washington Print Foundation when you plan your charitable giving. All donations are tax deductible and very much appreciated.