1641 Wisconsin Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C. 20007 • 202 669-1497
Open Thursdays–Saturdays, 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. • Sundays, Noon to 5:00 p.m.
and by appointment: call us and we will open the gallery!
The Washington Printmakers Art Gallery in Georgetown, D.C.
Woodcuts by Cynthia Back
August 31 – September 24, 2017
Meet the Artist
Sunday, September 24, Noon – 5:00 pm
In Naturally, Cynthia Back presents new reduction woodcuts inspired by both travel and her immediate environment. She is immersed in nature: from a window, walking in it, standing and listening to its sounds, watching shadows and colors dance across water and foliage. Her sense of the natural world is life-affirming, healing, immersive, and contemplative. Design and abstract qualities enthuse. Inspiration is found in the excitement of seeing a familiar place take on a new aura, the changes of season and weather, and the scale of subject, from the immediate found at one’s feet to sweeping panoramas. The inescapable intrusion of human-made landscapes and the impact of climate change also becomes part of the motivation for her work. READ MORE…
This Month on the Member’s Wall
Every month, new work appears on the Members’ Wall. Here are some of the prints on display in September, 2017, with sizes and prices. Click on an image to see it larger in a slide show. Click the “x” in the upper right of the slideshow to return here, or, press the ESC key on your keyboard.
Saturday, Oct. 14,
3:00 to 6:00 p.m.
Lila Asher • Cynthia Back • Sally Canzoneri • Rosemary Cooley • Pauline Jakobsberg • Karin Lithell • Dave Mann • Jane Mann • Ron Meick • Rosalie O’Donnell • Peggy Parker • Marta Sanchez • Danny Schweers • Kanika Sircar • Matina Marki Tillman • Blaise Tobia • Leigh Vogel • Ellen Winkler • Max-Karl Winkler • Helen Zughaib
Crossing borders, naturalizing to a new place, adapting as the old place changes around us — these are some of the themes explored in the art exhibit “We The Immigrants”. The artists are not expected to color inside the lines. Boundaries will be crossed. Pursuing the theme of immigration, we, the members of the Washington Printmakers Gallery, have invited guest artists to exhibit their work side-by-side with our work. READ MORE…
Georgetown Galleries Second Saturdays
October 14, 4-6pm
Visit all six of the Georgetown Galleries on Saturday, October 14, 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. for a special evening of art and refreshments. READ MORE…
More Upcoming Events and Exhibits
The exhibits listed below display on the north wall of the gallery. At the same time, new art works from our members are shown continuously on the other walls, in the bins and flat files, and on the electronic display in the gallery. To learn more about the artists in our gallery, click here to see links to their individual pages on this website.
- November 1–25, 2017 — Jane Mann. Reception November 4.
- November 29 – December 30, 2017 — Lila Oliver Asher. Reception December 1.
- January 4–27, 2018 — Master Printmaker. The Washington Printmakers Foundation will invite an outstanding artist to exhibit.
- February 1–24, 2018 — Excellence in Printmaking. An exhibit of the work of outstanding printmakers at local area colleges and universities. This is also known as our Emerging Artists Exhibit and is sponsored by the Washington Printmakers Foundation.
- March 1–24, 2018 — Bob Burgess
- March 29 – April 28, 2018 — Matina Marki Tillman
- May 3 – 26, 2018 — Rosemary Cooley
- May 31 – June 30, 2018 — Danny Schweers
- July 5–28, 2018 — Solo Show by the winner of the 2017 National Small Works Competition.
- August 2–25, 2018 — National Small Works Exhibition. An exhibit of the work chosen in the 2018 competition.
- August 30 – September 29, 2018 — Sally Canzoneri
- October 4–27, 2018 — Mike Hagan
- November 1–24, 2018 — Carolyn Pomponio
- November 29 – December 29, 2018 — Dave Mann
Start and end dates of exhibits are generally the first Wed. of the month through the last Sunday of the month. Receptions are usually the first Saturday after the opening.
You Can Support Printmaking
Please remember the Washington Print Foundation when you plan your charitable giving. All donations are tax deductible and very much appreciated.