1641 Wisconsin Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C. 20007 • 202 669-1497
Open Thursdays–Saturdays, 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. • Sundays, Noon to 5:00 p.m.
and by appointment: call us and we will open the gallery!
The Washington Printmakers Art Gallery in Georgetown, D.C.
“We The Immigrants”
September 28 to
October 29, 2017
Saturday, Oct. 14,
3:00 to 6:00 p.m.
Christine Anninos • Lila Asher • Cynthia Back • Sally Canzoneri • Rosemary Cooley • Michael Hagan • Pauline Jakobsberg • Karin Lithell • Dave Mann • Jane Mann • Ron Meick • Nina Muys • Rosalie O’Donnell • Peggy Parker • Carolyn Pomponio • Marta Sanchez • Danny Schweers • Kanika Sircar • Matina Marki Tillman • Blaise Tobia • Leigh Vogel • Ellen Winkler • Max-Karl Winkler • Lisa Ferraro Wood • Helen Zughaib
Crossing borders, naturalizing to a new place, adapting as the old place changes around us — these are some of the themes explored in the art exhibit “We The Immigrants”. The artists are not expected to color inside the lines. Boundaries will be crossed. Pursuing the theme of immigration, we, the members of the Washington Printmakers Gallery, have invited guest artists to exhibit their work side-by-side with our work. READ MORE…
Georgetown Galleries Second Saturdays
October 14, 4-6pm
Visit all six of the Georgetown Galleries on Saturday, October 14, 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. for a special evening of art and refreshments. READ MORE…
by Jane Mann
Nov. 2-26, 2017
Saturday, Nov. 4, 1-4 pm
Artist’s Talk: 2 pm
Second Saturday at Georgetown Galleries: Nov. 11, 6-8 pm
Meet the Artist!
Saturday, Nov. 18, 2 pm
In Layers, Jane Mann uses her imagination and the digital darkroom to examine the historical, cultural, and societal layers found in architecture. Sacred sites in particular were constructed one atop the other or sometimes one within the other. Rather than examining these designs separately, she has created photomontages that superimpose digital images of architectural details one atop the other just as cultures build on, enhance, or compete with each other. READ MORE…
More Upcoming Events and Exhibits
The exhibits listed below display on the north wall of the gallery. At the same time, new art works from our members are shown continuously on the other walls, in the bins and flat files, and on the electronic display in the gallery. To learn more about the artists in our gallery, click here to see links to their individual pages on this website.
- November 29 – December 30, 2017 — Lila Oliver Asher. Reception December 1.
- January 4–27, 2018 — Hot Off The Presses. An exhibit of recently-made prints and prints commenting on the news.
- February 1–24, 2018 — Excellence in Printmaking. An exhibit of the work of outstanding printmakers at local area colleges and universities. This is also known as our Emerging Artists Exhibit and is sponsored by the Washington Printmakers Foundation.
- March 1–24, 2018 — Bob Burgess
- March 29 – April 28, 2018 — Sally Canzoneri
- May 3 – 26, 2018 — Rosemary Cooley
- May 31 – June 30, 2018 — Danny Schweers
- July 5–28, 2018 — Solo Show by the winner of the 2017 National Small Works Competition.
- August 2–25, 2018 — National Small Works Exhibition. An exhibit of the work chosen in the 2018 competition.
- August 30 – September 29, 2018 — Matina Marki Tillman
- October 4–27, 2018 — Mike Hagan
- November 1–24, 2018 — Carolyn Pomponio
- November 29 – December 29, 2018 — Dave Mann
Start and end dates of exhibits are generally the first Wed. of the month through the last Sunday of the month. Receptions are usually the first Saturday after the opening.
You Can Support Printmaking
Please remember the Washington Print Foundation when you plan your charitable giving. All donations are tax deductible and very much appreciated.