The Washington Printmakers Art Gallery in Georgetown, D.C.
CURRENT & UPCOMING EVENTS
Washington Printmakers Gallery is pleased to announce an exhibition of new prints by Nina Muys titled Up-Close and Far Away on exhibit May 4-27, 2017. The title celebrates the emergence of nature as well as her love of travel.
- Spring Art Walk, Friday, May 5, 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. This pleasant evening event is held twice a year by the Georgetown Galleries.
- Artist’s Reception, Sunday, May 7, 2:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- Children’s Printmaking Workshop on Sunday, May 13, 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. This workshop is free but reservations are suggested. Please call the gallery at 202 669-1497 or use the form on our Contact Page to send us an email.
- Click here to learn more about Nina Muy’s solo exhibit in May, 2017.
This Month on the Member’s Wall
Solo Exhibit, June 1 – July 1, 2017
Saturday, June 10, 1–4 p.m.
The Washington Printmakers Gallery is pleased to present Talking Pictures, recent prints of Ron Meick, all which incorporate a sound element that is activated by a button on each work. These works explore the artist’s role to ask questions and to provoke interaction, which communicate issues that can expand the meaning of the art object. READ MORE…
Call for Entries!
Deadline: June 3, 2017.
20th Annual Washington Printmakers’
National Small Works Competition and Exhibition
Winning prints selected by the competition jurors will be on exhibit at the Washington Printmakers Gallery, August, 2 thru 26, 2017.
The grand-prize winner will be given a solo exhibit in 2018.
Other prizes will be awarded.
July 8, 2017
2:00 to 5:00 p.m.
David Avery was the first place winner of the 2016 National Small Works competition at the Washington Printmakers Gallery.
A practitioner of traditional black and white etching in San Francisco for over 30 years, David Avery has long been attracted to the works and techniques of the master etchers and engravers. READ MORE…
More Upcoming Events and Exhibits
The exhibits listed below display on the north wall of the gallery. At the same time, new art works from our members are shown continuously on the other walls, in the bins and flat files, and on the electronic display in the gallery. To learn more about the artists in our gallery, click here to see links to their individual pages on this website.
- August 2–26, 2017 — Exhibit of the best entries into the 2017 National Small Works competition. Reception August 12.
- August 30 – September 23, 2017 — Cynthia Back. Reception September 2.
- September 27 – October 28, 2017 — Artist to be announced.
- November 1–25, 2017 — Dave & Jane Mann. Reception November 4.
- November 29 – December 30, 2017 — Lila Oliver Asher. Reception December 1.
- January 4–27, 2018 — Master Printmaker. The Washington Printmakers Foundation will invite an outstanding artist to exhibit.
- February 1–24, 2018 — Excellence in Printmaking. An exhibit of the work of outstanding printmakers at local area colleges and universities. This is also known as our Emerging Artists Exhibit and is sponsored by the Washington Printmakers Foundation.
- March 1–24, 2018 — Bob Burgess
- March 29 – April 28, 2018 — Matina Marki Tillman
- May 3 – 26, 2018 — Rosemary Cooley
- May 31 – June 30, 2018 — Danny Schweers
- July 5–28, 2018 — Solo Show by the winner of the 2017 National Small Works Competition.
- August 2–25, 2018 — National Small Works Exhibition. An exhibit of the work chosen in the 2018 competition.
- August 30 – September 29, 2018 — Sally Canzoneri
- October 4–27, 2018 — Mike Hagan
- November 1–24, 2018 — Carolyn Pomponio
- November 29 – December 29, 2018 — To be announced.
Start and end dates of exhibits are generally the first Wed. of the month through the last Sunday of the month. Receptions are usually the first Saturday after the opening.
You Can Support Printmaking
Please remember the Washington Print Foundation when you plan your charitable giving. All donations are tax deductible and very much appreciated.